Quality Improvement Program
Free Text Books
Free text books to all children studying in Govt. and Govt. Aided schools at Elementary level (class I to VIII).
Teaching & learning material for students and teachers:-
- Workbooks/worksheet to supplement the text books, small story booklets and modular library kits made available in the schools for students studying at Elementary level.
- Resource material for teachers and students i.e. teaching modules, manuals, Maths and Science kits, Academic Plan etc. to ensure participatory approach of teaching learning.
In-Service Teacher Training
For improving teaching learning processes & for professional growth of teachers in-service training is imparted to teachers every year. Similarly for School Leadership and Professional Growth orientation/capacity building programmes are organized for school heads / principals and CRC/URC Coordinators.
- School Grant for replacement of non-functional school equipments & for incurring other recurring cost such as consumables, play material, games, sports equipment etc.
- Maintenance Grant for improving the school plant to provide better educational facilities.
Other initiatives for learning enhancement
- BaLA Project implemented in 100 Govt. Schools to make learning a joyful activity.
- 07 Language labs and 20 Social Science labs were established.
- Exhibitions, Quiz and other competitions at School/cluster level.
- Science and Knowledge Park established in 16 Govt. schools to promote experimental learning.
- Exposure visits and study tours conducted at Secondary level.
- Posters & Learning outcomes prepared by NCERT displayed in all Govt. and Govt. Aided schools.
- Brochures /leaflets on Learning Outcomes provided to students and community members.
- Different activities conducted under Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan to promote spirit of inquiry and creativity among students.
Following Research Studies were conducted under SSA
- Impact of In-Service training courses on teachers for improving their classrooms teaching
- Research Study on students & teacher time-0n Task
- Study on enrolment in schools
- Study on high dropout rate at upper primary level
- To Review Effectiveness of Material Developed for Special Training Centres
- An Impact Study of Multimedia Programme in increasing Learning Level of Children at Elementary Level.
- Research Study titled’ An impact of BaLA Project on students’ learning achievement’